Ever wonder what some of your favorite crops would look like completely “organic”? Well, take a look at the banana! (Source: GMO Answers)
Behold, the banana without human intervention
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Infographic: Gene transfer mystery — How ‘antifreeze’ genes jumped from one species to another without sex
It isn’t surprising... that herrings and smelts, two groups of fish that commonly roam the northernmost reaches of the Atlantic ...
- Viewpoint: Stanford is a world-class science institution … except when it comes to critical thinking about the ‘sustainability myth’ of organic agriculture
- ‘Holy sh–, it works’: How an out-of-the-box UK COVID recovery trial evaluating a common drug has saved a million lives
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Lab-grown meat promises to cut water and land use by more than 96%. Why are US regulators dragging their feet in approving this ‘sustainable innovation’?
- Viewpoint: Here’s why it’s ‘moronic’ to suggest that Homo erectus was lazy
- Viewpoint: Neuriva Plus nonsense — The Big Bang Theory star Mayim Bialik doubles down on ‘snake oil’ brain supplements
- Forest of the future: Maine conservationists plant American genetically modified chestnut trees in hopes of reviving near-dead species
- Viewpoint: ‘Sure, organic agriculture is sustainable: it sustains poverty and malnutrition’ — Why organic farming is a ‘green’ dead end
- Don’t believe the hype: Organic produce is not healthier than conventionally-grown fruit and vegetables