Uganda’s NTV features panel discussion on biotechnology and biosafety with Dr. Nina Fedoroff of Penn State University and Dr. Theresa Sengooba of Uganda Council for Science and Technology (UNCST). They discuss Uganda’s biosafety bill, as well as the scientific and regulatory processes surrounding GMOs.
Video: Scientists take on Uganda’s tough questions about GMO crops
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist trade group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes conspiracy theories about vaccine dangers
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- ‘Their lungs are full of bees’: Largely hidden from the public, the last days of a dying COVID patient are excruciating
- DNA of lettuce: How humans bred a weed into a favorite leafy vegetable over 6,000 years
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Do vaccines contain glyphosate? Anti-GMO claim requires ‘very unlikely scenario’
- Viewpoint: GMO misinformation—How ‘pseudoscience and romanticization of premodern agriculture’ undermine food sustainability