Make no mistake, the Non-GMO Project isn’t here to sell you safer food, they’re just here to make money on the GMO / Non-GMO distinction. I know this because products with this label can still contain GMO …. Why does “right to know” not apply to the Non-GMO project? If a product they approve for their label has traces of GMO in it, isn’t it your right to know as a consumer? Why does the Non-GMO Project get to play a double standard here?
Video: How accurate is Non-GMO Project’s butterfly label?
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist trade group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes conspiracy theories about vaccine dangers
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- ‘Their lungs are full of bees’: Largely hidden from the public, the last days of a dying COVID patient are excruciating
- Viewpoint — ‘Selective skepticism’ and media hypocrisy: Why are liberal news sites vigilant in challenging COVID misinformation but give anti-biotechnology and chemical scare-mongers a free pass?
- Examining 10 science challenged ‘studies’ suggesting GMOs are harmful
- Would you agree to be infected with COVID for science? Intentional ‘challenge’ studies underway as researchers explore new vaccines and treatments
- Food company executives know GMOs safe, but cater to consumers’ desire for labeling