Think honey bees are disappearing? Or that the more hives we have the better? Think again. Here’s why they’re the bad boys of the bee world, and what we should be focusing on instead.
Video: ‘We’re saving the wrong bees’ — Journalist argues that focusing concern on ‘backyard bees’ undercuts effort to save wild populations responsible for most crop pollination
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
The U.S. averaged fewer than 40,000 new cases per day over the past week. That’s a 21% improvement over the ...
- A cure for COVID? Scientists now think it’s possible, and it may come soon
- Homo sapiens reevaluated: Why the definition of ‘modern human’ is undergoing a revamp
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Altruism in animals: Why do animals sometimes adopt other species’ unrelated orphans?
- The US military has polluted 25 million acres of prairie grass-filled land used for target practice. Now there is a GMO solution to detoxify it
- ‘Organic agriculture is not a synonym for safe food’: United Nation’s FAO challenges misleading marketing and public misconceptions
- ‘They can put a key on their forehead. It sticks’: Ohio GOP embraces crackpot doctor’s view that COVID vaccines magnetize people and interface with 5G towers
- Viewpoint: ‘Things only got worse’ — DDT bug spray curbed malaria-spreading mosquitoes but led to a host of unintended consequences. Here’s how to understand risk and environmental ‘trade offs’
- 9 archaeological finds that have reshaped our views of human evolution