We sometimes hear about diminishing returns in cancer research and development in the big pharmaceutical companies. They tell us, traditional drug discovery techniques have picked most of the low-hanging fruit in the field. Cancer cells are tricky devils, able to quickly mutate resistance to our best available therapies.
Biotech a drug discovery engine
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
View the original article here: Biotech a drug discovery engine
The GLP featured this article to reflect the diversity of news, opinion and analysis. The viewpoint is the author’s own. The GLP’s goal is to stimulate constructive discourse on challenging science issues.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist trade group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes conspiracy theories about vaccine dangers
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- ‘Their lungs are full of bees’: Largely hidden from the public, the last days of a dying COVID patient are excruciating
- Examining 10 science challenged ‘studies’ suggesting GMOs are harmful
- Food company executives know GMOs safe, but cater to consumers’ desire for labeling
- Would you agree to be infected with COVID for science? Intentional ‘challenge’ studies underway as researchers explore new vaccines and treatments
- How do you spot a liar? (Hint: Non-verbal cues don’t matter much)