Steve Savage, a plant pathologist working with agricultural technology, gives his explanation of why voters should absolutely vote ‘no’ on Prop 37 in California’s election this November. Savage, who is pro-GM, believes that GMO labeling is ‘illogical’ and will do more harm than good. He gives, what he believes, are several ‘good’ reasons to vote no on Prop 37, and aims to inform potential voters on the science behind GMOs and agricultural biotechnology.
GMOs and California: To label or not to label?
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
The GLP featured this article to reflect the diversity of news, opinion and analysis. The viewpoint is the author’s own. The GLP’s goal is to stimulate constructive discourse on challenging science issues.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Reuters analysed over 185,000 genome samples from the Global Initiative on Sharing All influenza Data (GISAID), the largest database of ...
Known by some as the "Environmental Worrying Group," EWG lobbies ...
- Who were the first Caribbean populations? Ancient DNA rewrites history
- Viewpoint: Environmental groups attack latest crop gene-editing innovations misusing scientifically outdated 20-year-old anti-GMO arguments
- A video claiming to show dangerous COVID vaccine side-effects has gone viral – but scientists are skeptical
- Podcast: Glyphosate boosts cancer risk 41%? How a questionable claim from a flawed study went viral
- A dangerous stage in the evolution of the novel coronavirus is upon us with the discovery of “escape mutations”. Artificial intelligence may be our best response