How do you breed gene-edited animals? This 30-minute video from the University of California, Davis details the making of a CRISPR calf named Cosmo, following the scientific journey of PhD student Joseph Owen as he goes from laboratory concept to the eventual birth of a calf in 2020.
Video: How do you breed CRISPR cows? A crash course on animal gene editing
Follow the latest news and policy debates on agricultural biotech and biomedicine? Subscribe to our newsletter.
Infographic: Growing human embryos — How long should researchers watch human development play out in a dish?
In May, the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) released new guidelines that relaxed the 14-day rule, taking away ...
- COVID vaccine and mask guidance confusion? Why we should cut the CDC some slack — It’s the norm when dealing with fast-evolving disease crises
- Infographic: Does glyphosate (aka RoundUp) cause cause cancer? 18 of 19 global regulatory and chemical oversight agencies say ‘no’ while one presents equivocal data
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Viewpoint: ‘Digital version of snake-oil salesmen’ — Vaccine hesitant ‘Frontline Doctors’ group charging up to $700 for inexpensive ivermectin treatments
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy
- ‘Politics of natural immunity vs vaccines’: British Medical Journal reports US stands alone in ‘not counting’ immunity impact of people who have had COVID in recommendations
- COVID-fighting pills edge closer to proof-of-efficacy
- ‘Our species began as a sort of arboreal rat when dinosaurs ruled the planet’: Early hominids spread around the world via a once-green Arabia
- Viewpoint: Organic fungicide copper sulfate and other copper products widely used by wine growers endangers humans, animals and insects
- Sri Lanka’s plan to go ‘all organic’ and end use of synthetic chemicals leaves staple tea industry in ‘complete disarray’