How do you breed gene-edited animals? This 30-minute video from the University of California, Davis details the making of a CRISPR calf named Cosmo, following the scientific journey of PhD student Joseph Owen as he goes from laboratory concept to the eventual birth of a calf in 2020.
Video: How do you breed CRISPR cows? A crash course on animal gene editing
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Follow the latest news and policy debates on agricultural biotech and biomedicine? Subscribe to our newsletter.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Vani Hari (Food Babe): Does inability to understand science of food make one an expert on GMOs and chemicals?
Vanie Deva Hari (a.k.a. The Food Babe) (born 1979) is ...
- Part 1: Defying all predictions, Africa is the global COVID-19 ‘cold spot’. How come health officials and the media are not honestly exploring why?
- Podcast: Sierra Club endorses biotech chestnut tree; GM salmon coming this April? Downside of genetic engineering
- COVID shots and the mark of the beast? Battling religious vaccine misinformation
- Why did humans survive while our Denisovan and Neanderthal cousins died out? Just one gene could have made all the difference
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth