How do you breed gene-edited animals? This 30-minute video from the University of California, Davis details the making of a CRISPR calf named Cosmo, following the scientific journey of PhD student Joseph Owen as he goes from laboratory concept to the eventual birth of a calf in 2020.
Video: How do you breed CRISPR cows? A crash course on animal gene editing
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Follow the latest news and policy debates on agricultural biotech and biomedicine? Subscribe to our newsletter.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, calls for ‘American revolution’
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- ‘It’s simply difficult to grow crops organically, on a large scale’: Gigantic organic farm failure in South Dakota underscores challenge of scaling up production
- Viewpoint: Herpes linked to COVID vaccine? Rupert Murdoch’s New York Post descends into conspiracy mongering
- Mars has all the ingredients necessary to support life — in its subsurface
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy
- Home cure for COVID? Pfizer testing a pill that offers promise