Our DNA holds thousands of dead genes and we’ve only just begun to unravel their stories. But one thing is already clear: we’re not just defined by the genes that we’ve gained over the course of our evolution, but also by the genes that we’ve lost along the way.
Video: Humans have lost many genes over the course of our evolution. Here’s how they helped define us
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist trade group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes conspiracy theories about vaccine dangers
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- ‘Their lungs are full of bees’: Largely hidden from the public, the last days of a dying COVID patient are excruciating
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- An ‘off button’ for pain? CRISPR could stop the opioid crisis by tackling chronic pain at the source
- Do vaccines contain glyphosate? Anti-GMO claim requires ‘very unlikely scenario’
- Video: Did Sweden’s ‘no lockdown’ and ‘no mask’ strategy work?