Stem cells in the news and Yokohama, Japan
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
As Europe sees record coronavirus cases and deaths, Slovakia is testing its entire adult population. WSJ's Drew Hinshaw explains how ...
|Bees & Pollinators||More...|
Disaster interrupted: Which farming system better preserves insect populations: Organic or conventional?
A three-year run of fragmentary Armageddon-like studies had primed the journalism pumps and settled the media framing about the future ...
Are we facing an ‘Insect Apocalypse’ caused by ‘intensive, industrial’ farming and agricultural chemicals? The media say yes; Science says ‘no’
The media call it the “Insect Apocalypse”. In the past three years, the phrase has become an accepted truth of ...
Infographic: Cows cause climate change? Agriculture scientist says ‘belching bovines’ get too much blame
A recent interview by Caroline Stocks, a UK journalist who writes about food, agriculture and the environment, of air quality ...
Many consumers spend more for organic food to avoid genetically modified products in part because they believe that “industrial agriculture” ...
Known by some as the "Environmental Worrying Group," EWG lobbies for tighter GMO legislation and famously puts out annual "dirty dozen" list of fruits and ...
Michael K. Hansen (born 1956) is thought by critics to be the prime mover behind the ongoing campaign against agricultural biotechnology at Consumer Reports. He is an ...
- What did a teenage girl look like 9,000 years ago? Here is her face, reconstructed from bone fragments found in a cave in Greece
- Bog bodies of Europe: 2500-year-old, naturally preserved humans provide astonishing insight into ancient cultures
- Mike Adams: Natural News, “everyone’s favorite über-quack #1 anti-science website”—”even the quacks think he’s a quack”
- When it comes to COVID, nurture trumps nature – so far
- Push to reform EU biotech crop rules gains strength as some environmentalists, public officials endorse gene editing
- Conspiracy promoter Mike ‘Health Ranger’ Adams built online disinformation Natural News online empire that subverts science, report finds
- German Greens’ anti-GMO consensus may ‘shatter’ as 160 scientists urge party to endorse crop gene editing
- Women and HIV: 6 shots a year shown to be more effective than daily pill
- No, we aren’t losing all of our honeybees. And neonicotinoid seed coatings aren’t driving their health problems—here’s why
- Do the MAOA and CDH13 ‘human warrior genes’ make violent criminals—and what should society do?