More than 350 top chefs this week came out in favor of Proposition 37, the initiative that calls for labeling most foods containing genetically engineered ingredients, saying there is an “enormous stake in ensuring transparency in our food system.” Restaurateurs and chefs including Alice Waters, Mario Batali, Jacques Pépin, Charles Phan, Cat Cora and Joyce Goldstein have signed a petition of support.
Chefs back Prop. 37 on food labeling
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
View the original article here: Chefs back Prop. 37 on food labeling
Outbreak Daily Digest
The French biologist and his research team--funded by the Rodale ...
- ‘Their lungs are full of bees’: Largely hidden from the public, the last days of a dying COVID patient are excruciating
- China develops GM corn variety to combat yield-cutting fall armyworm
- The mRNA vaccines battling COVID-19 are revolutionizing virus fighting strategies. Here’s how
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy