More than 350 top chefs this week came out in favor of Proposition 37, the initiative that calls for labeling most foods containing genetically engineered ingredients, saying there is an “enormous stake in ensuring transparency in our food system.” Restaurateurs and chefs including Alice Waters, Mario Batali, Jacques Pépin, Charles Phan, Cat Cora and Joyce Goldstein have signed a petition of support.
Chefs back Prop. 37 on food labeling
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
View the original article here: Chefs back Prop. 37 on food labeling
Outbreak Daily Digest
Known by some as the "Environmental Worrying Group," EWG lobbies ...
- Are women superior to men? Research suggests most of us are more likely to believe that sex differences favor females
- Beepocalypse Myth Handbook: Assessing claims of pollinator collapse
- Early COVID vaccine recipients are reporting numerous side-effects. Believe it or not, that’s great news. Here’s why
- Podcast: How do mRNA vaccines work and why were they developed so fast?
- Athletic boost? A year after starting hormone treatments, transgender women still have an advantage over cisgender peers