What do Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, and Yoda have in common? They, like many other historical and fictional individuals, are bald. Scientists have long pondered, why do some people lose their hair, and how can we bring it back? Sarthak Sinha explores the genetics and other basics of baldness.
Video: Why do people lose their hair? And can we bring it back?
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
As Europe sees record coronavirus cases and deaths, Slovakia is testing its entire adult population. WSJ's Drew Hinshaw explains how ...
|Bees & Pollinators||More...|
Disaster interrupted: Which farming system better preserves insect populations: Organic or conventional?
A three-year run of fragmentary Armageddon-like studies had primed the journalism pumps and settled the media framing about the future ...
Are we facing an ‘Insect Apocalypse’ caused by ‘intensive, industrial’ farming and agricultural chemicals? The media say yes; Science says ‘no’
The media call it the “Insect Apocalypse”. In the past three years, the phrase has become an accepted truth of ...
Infographic: Cows cause climate change? Agriculture scientist says ‘belching bovines’ get too much blame
A recent interview by Caroline Stocks, a UK journalist who writes about food, agriculture and the environment, of air quality ...
Many consumers spend more for organic food to avoid genetically modified products in part because they believe that “industrial agriculture” ...
Known by some as the "Environmental Worrying Group," EWG lobbies for tighter GMO legislation and famously puts out annual "dirty dozen" list of fruits and ...
Michael K. Hansen (born 1956) is thought by critics to be the prime mover behind the ongoing campaign against agricultural biotechnology at Consumer Reports. He is an ...
- Have you gotten a measles-mumps-rubella vaccine? If so, your chances of getting severe COVID are significantly reduced
- What did a teenage girl look like 9,000 years ago? Here is her face, reconstructed from bone fragments found in a cave in Greece
- Viewpoint: The questionable science behind Elon Musk’s Neuralink brain hacking project
- Conspiracy promoter Mike ‘Health Ranger’ Adams built online disinformation Natural News online empire that subverts science, report finds
- As COVID is transmitted via airborne particles, there’s no evidence that sanitizing surfaces lowers risk of infection
- Viewpoint: Genetics and AI have launched an agricultural revolution. But ‘blind techno-optimism’ could have harmful consequences
- Do the MAOA and CDH13 ‘human warrior genes’ make violent criminals—and what should society do?
- Our Stone Age ancestors thrived on ‘chunks of meat,’ but plants were just as key to their survival
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Ebola-like virus, Chapare, emerges in Bolivia