Dr. Rodolphe Barrangou is the Todd R. Klaenhammer Distinguished Professor in the Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences at North Carolina State University. He is also Co-Founder of Intellia Therapeutics, Locus Biosciences, and TreeCo. He applies CRISPR gene editing technologies in bacteria to make food healthier, promote beneficial gut microbes, and help us be healthier.
Podcast: How editing bacteria with CRISPR could make food more nutritious
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist trade group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes conspiracy theories about vaccine dangers
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- ‘Their lungs are full of bees’: Largely hidden from the public, the last days of a dying COVID patient are excruciating
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Ancient humans mated with Neanderthals as recently as 45,000 years ago
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy
- Sex differences: Stress during pregnancy affects babies’ physical and mental health — but males and females are impacted differently