Editor’s note: The author of this story has informed the GLP that new information has come to light, and asked us to remove the article pending further reporting. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Colombian anti-biotech groups losing on two fronts? Push for GMO ban slows, while government green lights first gene-edited crop
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
The GLP featured this article to reflect the diversity of news, opinion and analysis. The viewpoint is the author’s own. The GLP’s goal is to stimulate constructive discourse on challenging science issues.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, calls for ‘American revolution’
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy
- COVID and the Amish: Ohio congregants face soaring infectections and vaccination rate is only 1%. Here’s why
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Did Homo sapiens really outcompete Neanderthals? Genetics is rewriting the story of human evolution
- Viewpoint: Livestock—an underrated solution to climate change