Last year, Singapore became the first country to allow the sale of lab-grown meat. BBC Minute takes a look at what lab-grown meat is and whether it could help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the future.
Video: Lab-grown meat is a global sensation. But can it really help battle climate change?
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Infographic: Gene transfer mystery — How ‘antifreeze’ genes jumped from one species to another without sex
It isn’t surprising... that herrings and smelts, two groups of fish that commonly roam the northernmost reaches of the Atlantic ...
- Viewpoint: How the anti-GMO movement devolved from dangerous to irksome to irrelevant
- An activist-based PR campaign is poised to claim that the Earth faces a Silent Spring-like ‘insect armageddon.’ Will The New York Times and other media fall for the ‘hysteria con’ once again?
- Viewpoint: Stanford is a world-class science institution … except when it comes to critical thinking about the ‘sustainability myth’ of organic agriculture
- How Freddie Mercury got his voice: It wasn’t his teeth
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy
- My journey from suburban mom and chef to GMO and science advocate
- If you’ve received a COVID vaccine, how worried should you be about catching the Delta variant?
- Genetic wildcard: Naturally higher testosterone levels and subjective regulations derail elite runner’s Olympic dreams
- Almost 50 years ago, conservatives were the backbone of societal support for science. Now just 45% of Republicans have confidence in the institution
- Philippines approves GMO insect-resistant Bt eggplant, rejecting Greenpeace objections