Back in 2014, Bill Nye The Science Guy was skeptical of genetically modified foods, or GMOs. It raised some eyebrows when he abruptly changed his mind after visiting Monsanto – the huge biochemical agriculture company that was acquired by Bayer. What changed his mind on the trip? Are GMOs good or bad?
Podcast: Bill Nye The Science Guy explains his transition from GMO skeptic to advocate
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Known by some as the "Environmental Worrying Group," EWG lobbies ...
- There is a lot of misinformation about COVID, the available vaccines and their effectiveness. These 7 insights will help clear that up.
- Athletic boost? A year after starting hormone treatments, transgender women still have an advantage over cisgender peers
- Organic food, often linked with progressive politics, is also popular among white supremacists
- Conspiracy promoter Mike ‘Health Ranger’ Adams built online disinformation Natural News online empire that subverts science, report finds
- Humans and chimpanzees share 99% of the same DNA. This is the 1% difference