View the original article here: New GM apple that won’t turn brown stirring industry backlash
New GM apple that won’t turn brown stirs concerns from NGOs, conventional growers
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
The GLP featured this article to reflect the diversity of news, opinion and analysis. The viewpoint is the author’s own. The GLP’s goal is to stimulate constructive discourse on challenging science issues.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, calls for ‘American revolution’
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- Did Homo sapiens really outcompete Neanderthals? Genetics is rewriting the story of human evolution
- COVID and the Amish: Ohio congregants face soaring infectections and vaccination rate is only 1%. Here’s why
- Sleepy during the day? Struggle with sleep apnea? Both are genetically linked to telomeres, parts of your chromosomes that reflect biological age
- Is there a difference between a gene-edited organism and a ‘GMO’? The question has important implications for regulation
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy