The Center for Food Safety, an anti-GM organization reports that the planting of GE canola in the Willamette Valley of Oregon was halted, due to an action filed at the State of Oregon’s Court of Appeals. The lawsuit, filed jointly by the Center with Friends of Family Farmers (FoFF) and three Willamette Valley specialty seed producers, challenges the Oregon Department of Agriculture’s (ODA) new temporary rule approving planting of GE canola on vital farming land, without a public comment period or hearing.
Anti-GM activists win in Oregon: GE canola planting stopped
This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.
Outbreak Daily Digest
Organic Consumers Association: Activist group promotes ‘fear and deception’ about crop biotechnology, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, calls for ‘American revolution’
Scientists and science journalists call OCA--the organization funding the attack ...
Joseph Mercola and Mercola.com: Alternative ‘natural’ supplement and health merchant promotes quack cures, promotes vaccine conspiracy theories, attacks mainstream medicine, funds organic, anti-GMO groups
Osteopath who believes traditional medicine "responsible for killing ... millions ...
- ‘It’s simply difficult to grow crops organically, on a large scale’: Gigantic organic farm failure in South Dakota underscores challenge of scaling up production
- Viewpoint: Herpes linked to COVID vaccine? Rupert Murdoch’s New York Post descends into conspiracy mongering
- Mars has all the ingredients necessary to support life — in its subsurface
- Home cure for COVID? Pfizer testing a pill that offers promise
- Video: 10 of the most prominent anti-vaccine celebrities, from Jim Carrey to Jenny McCarthy