There is no link between pesticide residues on food and disease. Period. You will find lots of people claiming the links exist. You won’t find their evidence, because there is none. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell you expensive organic food that uses pesticides, instead of cheaper non-organic food that also uses pesticides.
Here is what you need to know:
- Organic uses pesticides.
- Not all pesticides are toxic at all.
- Less effective sprays may need to be sprayed more often and/or in higher doses.
- Many pesticides degrade over time.
- Many pesticides are not sprayed on the edible parts of food.
- Toxicity is delivery and dose dependent… and no pesticide on earth is present on food in toxic doses.
- Pesticides are more than their active ingredient.
- Humans are not insects or plants. What is deadly to insects or weeds can be totally harmless to mammals, and vice versa.
The GLP aggregated and excerpted this article to reflect the diversity of news, opinion and analysis. Read full, original post: Yes, You Are Definitely Ingesting Pesticides. Here’s Why It’s Not A Problem